POSITION TITLE: Janitor
REPORT TO: Executive Assistant
Janitor is responsible for performing a wide range of cleaning and maintenance duties. As exact tasks of janitorial are not definite, therefore, these professionals must show flexibility in performing assigned duties as mentioned below.
1. Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
2. Gather and empty trash.
3. Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
4. Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
5. Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
6. Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
7. Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
8. Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
9. Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
10. Clean building interiors using commercial cleaning equipment.
11. Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
12. Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
13. Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
14. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning duties.
Two (2) to three (3) years of equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .