PYRAMID Laboratories, Inc. is a rapidly growing contract manufacturing organization that provides Aseptic Manufacturing and Analytical Services for Sterile Injectable Drugs with expertise in formulation and process development, aseptic filling for vials and syringes, and lyophilization applications.
PYRAMID has established a reputation of exceptional performance, integrity, and quality.
PYRAMID Laboratories, Inc. is in Southern California, United States. The combination of our manufacturing facilities and state-of-the-art laboratory allows PYRAMID to offer the pharmaceutical and biotech industry both analytical and manufacturing support capabilities. An intensive in-house Quality Assurance and Quality Control program is maintained to ensure clients receive high quality products.
POSITION TITLE: Formulation Technician
REPORT TO: Associate Director for Formulation / Project Management
THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE POSITION
Under general supervision, perform various manufacturing related activities for a cGMP compliant Fill/Finish operation applying standard practices, techniques, procedures. Must be able to summarize findings and prepare or assist in the preparation of reports, documents, records, etc., for assigned tasks.
- Familiar with related cGMP procedures and requirements, as directly related to the position.
- Performs formulation of biopharmaceutical bulk solutions for liquid and lyophilized products.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Batch Record processes.
- Learn and generate production batch records.
- Ability to set-up, maintain and perform duties and various manufacturing related activities as required for a GMP compliant Fill/Finish operation according to the applicable guidelines, i.e., FDA, GMP, ICH, etc.
- Record laboratory results and prepare all accompanying documentation.
- Maintain laboratory and manufacturing quality control through cGMP.
- Work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. Interaction with Contract Clients.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable, with relevant experience in fill/finish operations in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with formulation and troubleshooting of formulas in a production environment.
- Experience in injectable formulation pharmaceutical production preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and other regulatory requirements governing nutraceutical or pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Computer Literacy, Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Basic reading comprehension and math skills necessary to follow complex technical instructions and complete Batch Record calculations.
- Good communication skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Job requires wearing personal protective equipment to include gowning requirements.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50lbs. on a regular basis; Ability to manipulate/handle drums weighing up to 110 kg and lift containers weighing up to 40 kg.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy in tasks.
- Self-starter with high level of motivation.
- Demonstrated team player.
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .