Labeling and Packaging Technician
POSITION TITLE: Labeling & Packaging Technician
REPORT TO: Director of Quality
Under general supervision and instructions, responsible for the labeling and packaging of pharmaceutical products following cGMP, and Safety standards while maintaining a teamwork attitude to effectively manage production needs and meet the production schedule.
- Perform printing, labeling and final packaging execution activities as assigned per appropriate procedures using appropriate automated systems in place with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Works on assignments that are generally routine in nature but may recognize the need for occasional deviation from standard practices.
- Safely, setup, operate, troubles hoot equipment and GMP systems, as appropriate.
- Checks for the line #, date, product name, strength, dosage form, lot number, and package size against the packaging filling record.
- Operates automatic labeling and sealing equipment.
- Performs cleaning of the packaging room and equipment as stated in the SOPs.
- Maintains a clean and functioning work area at all times.
- Complete appropriate process related documentation (including but not limited to the following: batch records, room/equipment use logs, etc.) per cGMP.
- Makes limited decisions; operates within established policies and procedures.
- May make recommendations to management on operating policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate any and all process related issues to production Lead/Supervisor, when necessary.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- 2-4 years related Production experience and/or BS/BA degree and 1 year packaging experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and completeness of work.
- Excellent oral and communication Skills – able to speak clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective department operations.
- Ability to work independently, where appropriate, yet understand when to escalate issues.
- Candidate must be flexible to work overtime and adjust working schedule beyond normal work week.
- Ability to perform computer work equipment, as required.
- Must be a team player
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com .