IT System Administrator
POSITION TITLE: IT System Administrator
JOB TYPE: Full-time.
We are looking for an IT System Administrator who can -under minimal supervision- maintain computer systems, activities, functions, backup and communications systems. Responsibilities include design, maintain, company network, individual PCs, laboratory PCs, etc.
- Design and/or modify the company network system to satisfy the company demand and needs.
- Responsible for all daily system operations, maintenance, and data backups.
- Responsible for the generation of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) documentation to support system IQ (Installation Qualification), OQ (Operation Qualification) and PQ (Performance Qualification).
- Responsible for installation, documentation and connection of all new and existing PCs according to FDA guidelines.
- Ensures all PYRAMID systems are in compliance with 21 CFR part 11.
- Solely responsible for installation and maintenance of all types of software.
- Creating, maintaining and updating PYRAMID’s Network SOP, company policies and associated procedures.
- Full and total control and tracking of all computer and instruments password
- Maintain and manage the company security system.
- Issue new users accounts and access cards to new employees.
- Evaluate overall systems performance, workflow, procedures and recommend and/or implement changes and improvements as necessary with supervisor approval.
- Responsible for preparation of a monthly report of systems status, changes and/or recommendations.
- Responsible for responding and taking the proper steps toward system alarms.
- Design, maintain and ensure audit trail systems are in place to satisfy regulator’s requirements.
- Validate all new programs and software following the company quality system.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing technical software such as building management systems, SCADA systems, laboratory software and other specific manufacturing software.
- Ensures all manufacturing and laboratory software backup is performed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining telephone and voicemail systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and D base or other related software applications and able to perform both routine and advanced computer related tasks.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent working experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of Systems Administration experience supporting servers, operating systems (primarily Windows), applications, storage and networking.
- Detailed working knowledge of cGMP regulations preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Production or Laboratory knowledge preferred.
- Follow Quality Systems and Processes to maintain systems in a validated GMP state.
- Ability to acquire, through training and on the job experience, specialized knowledge in rapidly changing technology and applications.
- Must support 24×7 manufacturing operations with off shift support on occasional on-site support during evenings or weekends.
- Strong knowledge and experience in hardware/server support, maintenance and upgrade.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server administration including management of Domains.
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating Storage area networks and Cloud based solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoys working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .