POSITION TITLE: Purchasing Agent
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: President
Under minimal supervision, obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders. Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and incorrect amounts based on an Approved Vendor List.
- Provides purchasing support to the various departments of the company, i.e. Laboratory, Manufacturing, Validation, Quality Assurance.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Analyze price proposals and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems trace shipments and follow up undelivered goods.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Maintain and review computerized (QuickBooks) or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services and prices.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 5-7 years experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry is a must.
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .