POSITION TITLE: Accounting Clerk
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, maintains accounts payables, receivables, purchase orders, vendor and client communication and invoicing procedures.
- Responsible for accounts payable, which will include the processing of all applicable paperwork, vendor contact etc. to verify invoices, discrepancies and maintaining associated records.
- Establish and maintain procurement filing system and logs.
- Input information to the procurement database as assigned.
- Process purchase requisitions and purchase orders for review and approval.
- Process receiving reports and vendor/subcontractor invoices for review, approval and payment.
- Monitor and maintain an inventory of vendors, vendor invoices and accounts along with records indicating receipt follow-up and payments.
- Interact with vendors and clients to resolve any concerns relating to shipments, invoices, payments, discrepancies, etc. and ensure all concerns are resolved in a proper and timely manner.
- Proficient in the operation of Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks Pro or other software applications and able to perform both routine and advanced computer related tasks.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies.
- Responsible for all internal personnel record keeping. This may include applications, resumes and other pertinent information as related to education or experience. Other records that may be included will be time sheets, comp time records, vacation requests, etc.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred)
- Requires 3 years general accounting background experience.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and QuickBooks.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Experience with tracking credit card transactions, bank reconciliation.
To apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .